Wickebine Kigyouden Wickebine Kigyouden

Didn't like that I essentially had to get good at Undertale to beat the game but solid otherwise. Would like to see something like this without all the allusions and references.

Pac-Man Classic Pac-Man Classic

This is a free version of pac-man everyone uploads somewhere at some point.

CalebAndersen responds:

I'm not sure i understand. Thanks for taking the time to comment though :)

Pound the Puss Pound the Puss

Adorbs, would love another. Especially appreciated that every task could be solved and every medal could be sussed out without having to brute force it, everything felt incredibly organic.

OrangePylon responds:

I think you're among the few people that would call this game "adorbs." I mean, it SEEMS cute...

Super Mario Crossover Hack Super Mario Crossover Hack

Stolen content from exploding rabbit. This should be blammed.

Puppy Stew Puppy Stew

Too many of the games go on either ten seconds too long or entirely too many collectibles too many and none of it is helped by the wonky collision detection or cheap AI. Being nagged to go try the creator's other games every few minutes doesn't help either, after a point the irritation outweighed the fun I was having. Which is a shame because its well made, just in serious need of polish.

Word Play 3 Word Play 3

The drawings are kind of cute but the solutions are way too easy, the only one that held me up was the first one and thats only because I thought it was "remix" the first time. Its also too tedious to drag each letter to their proper slots, partly because its slow but mostly because sometimes it takes a few tries to get a letter to register.

Sprout Sprout

Mostly well done but the short time it took to make the game shines through with some odd collision detection and random freezes (this is the first time I've ever had a flash game lock up and not take the browser down with it).

Santa Run 3 Santa Run 3

Far too glitchy to bother with this year. There are points where platforms don't spawn in their proper locations or where Santa will bounce through a platform without breaking it and then die as soon as he hits the ground. Not fun.

whileworking responds:

"...platforms don't spawn in their proper locations or where Santa will bounce through a platform without breaking it..." never happened here! If you're using Chrome be sure to set zoom to 100%

Darktopia Darktopia

This game is difficult but for a lot of iffy reasons. The biggest is that everything takes way too many hits to kill or destroy. There is seriously no reason a common enemy should take six hits to kill. Both crates and the weakest enemies take three. What this means is that stopping to fight enemies is pointless as its almost always quicker and easier to avoid them (or just take a hit). This is reinforced by the above hit point/scarce ammo issue as this also means its tedious to grind crates for ammo.

The level design is passable. It has solid flow at the start but degenerates later on as items are easy to pass over. I found myself in areas I was ill equipped to handle far too many times than I'd like with no real clear clue where to try next. The end result is a lot of trial and error and no real sense of accomplishment. The non-sequitur ending also makes the entire affair seem like a total waste of time.

Nitpicky bits:

-crates should show some indication they can be busted as you're shooting them. I hit a wall early on because I didn't realize my blaster could destroy crates and assumed I needed a new weapon for that.

-none of the items are fun to use and none of them feel unique to this game.

-mobbing the player with hard to kill enemies makes the game more tedious than difficult. And it makes the fact that the bosses are laughably easy even less forgivable. I defeated the final boss in two shots without even realizing what was going on.

Get In The Hole Get In The Hole

Pointless, with nothing but an obnoxious jumpscare waiting at the end.